Bánh Tôm Chiên (Sweet Potato and Shrimp Fritters)
My brother, Ollie, and I love this dish. It’s always the first thing we ask for when we visit. It’s easy enough that even we can help out.
Prep Time: 30-40 minutes
Times I get yelled at for doing something wrong: 3-4
- - 1/2 lbs Sweet Potato
- - 1/2 lbs Medium size Shrimp (with or without head)
- - 1 1/4 cup Rice Flour
- - 3 tbsp Self Rising Flour
- - 1 tbsp Corn Starch
- - 1/2 tsp Tumeric (or Curry) powder
- - 1 1/4 cup Water
- - 1 tsp Sugar
- - 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1. Clean and peel sweet potatoes. Cut into thin strips (about 2 inches long and as thick as skinny fries. Mmm… skinny fries. Wait… focus).
- 2. Soak sweet potatoes in water (with 1/2 tsp salt) for 10 minutes. Then drain.
- 3. In a large bowl, mix the rice flour, self rising flour, corn starch, tumeric (or curry) powder, water, sugar, salt, sweet potatoes and shrimp together. Set aside.
- 4. In a medium saucepan, heat 2-3 cups of vegetable oil at medium heat for 5 minutes.
- 5. Place small amount of the sweet potato/shrimp mix onto a Spatula (with shrimp on top).
- 6. Slide into hot oil.
- 7. Cook until both sides are golden brown.
- 8. Remove and place on plate lined with paper towel.
Serve with Lettuce, your choice of Asian Herbs (Vietnamese Coriander, Mint, Spicy Mint, Vietnamese Balm) and Super Secret Fish Sauce.
What is the Super Secret Fish Sauce you ask? Sorry, that’s a secret.
To unlock this secret you must solve the following maze:
Congratulations. You’ve unlocked the secret recipe!
How to prepare Super Secret Fish Sauce.
- 2-3 cloves of garlic (finely minced)
- 1/4 red onion (slivered)
- 3 tbsp vinegar
- 5 tbsp fish sauce
- 4 tsp sugar
- 1/2 tbsp crushed chili peppers
- 1/2 cup water
Combine into a small bowl and stir until sugar is dissolved.
Thanks for reading! Let us know if you have any suggestions!
She cooks. I shoot. We eat. We post.
i love these guys to the ends of the earth <3
Video with 2 notes
[ENG SUB] Infinite talk + BTD - SGC Super Live 2013 (by SHINee PINee)
Page 1 of 33